Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree....

Well, I have finally put away the Halloween decorations, have forgotten about the Thanksgiving decorations, and got out the Christmas decorations. My favorite holiday is Christmas, and one of the things I like best about Christmas is the decorations.
Last night we put up our tree. I always pull out the ornaments and tell the kids the story behind each one, then I let them hang the ornaments on the tree. As you can see they hung all the ornaments on the front of the tree and all bunched in the middle. Dave was worried I wouldn't get a picture of it before the tree fell over! Some branches had 6 or 7 ornaments on it :) I had to wait until after the kids were asleep to "redecorate" the tree.

Another thing I love about Christmas decorating is pulling out all of my Nativity sets. Dave and I decided when we first got married that we would collect nativity's. We got our first one in Acapulco on our honeymoon. We now have 20 different nativity's! This is our newest one! I hope all of you are getting excited about the upcoming season~ I know I sure am!

2 comments:

Kar said...

That is so cool - I've always wanted to collect nativities. I have two. :) But if I ever travel again and can afford souvenirs again, I'm going to collect nativities. I love nativity displays.

Cyd said...

What a fun thing to collect! We put up our tree last night too, I love Christmas!