Here is Oakland in his blessing outfit. Dave hated the outfit! But he hates all blessing outfits. He thinks they are girly and slippery making it hard to hold the baby in the circle. Personally, I thought he looked quite handsome :)
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Oakland's baby blessing
We blessed Oakland today. It turned out to be a really nice day. After church, everyone came over to our house for dinner.... It was like a 2nd Thanksgiving! We had about 25 of our family members there to share this special day.
Here is Oakland in his blessing outfit. Dave hated the outfit! But he hates all blessing outfits. He thinks they are girly and slippery making it hard to hold the baby in the circle. Personally, I thought he looked quite handsome :)
My Dad started a tradition with his grandchildren.... When they are blessed he gave them their first gun. Since my dad died, Randy has carried on the tradition. For those of you that didn't know my dad.... He LOVED guns. He had me get my first membership to the gun range when I was about 12 years old. We went often to shoot my 22 pistol and rifle :) I remember when my dad, Randy, and I took Sierra for the first time to the shooting range...... She kept asking "At half time can I go look at my targets." She must have done a lot of football watching with Grandpa also! Oakland can't wait to try out his new gun.
Here is Oakland in his blessing outfit. Dave hated the outfit! But he hates all blessing outfits. He thinks they are girly and slippery making it hard to hold the baby in the circle. Personally, I thought he looked quite handsome :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a fun tradition! I never knew you were such a gun person, do you keep up on your target practice?
Traditions are fun...glad you have been able to keep it going. I think he looks adorable. Grandma said it was a great blessing!
I still cannot get over how cute Oakland's cheeks are! They are so chubby! I remember going up to Erin's blessing, and getting a pink gun from your dad. And your dad said softly to Erin, "Two, four, six, eight, who do we appreciate? Erin Kate! Erin Kate! Eeeeerrrrin KATE!!" It was so cute. Your dad was wonderful.
Post a Comment