Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Festivities

We had Thanksgiving at our house this year! What a party it was. We had 25 people for dinner and 30 for the pie party.... and enough food to feed 60! Here are some random pictures from the party.

Here is my cousin David.... The very talented photographer... taking a picture of the very untalented me!
This picture is very blurry, but I just wanted to show you how behind I am.... here it is Thanksgiving and you can see that I still have my Halloween decorations up!
Ivy decided she was cousin Don's shadow and followed him everywhere. Don was so patient and kind with her, Thank you Don! I love that he didn't even care that she had chocolate pie all over her face.

Don and his shadow playing catch.

Don telling his shadow and Erin a story.

Don and his shadow playing Dominoes.

Our family LOVES to play Dominoes. I think Kristy said it best... She said she couldn't wait to come to Thanksgiving because she needed to get her Dominoes fix! Here is the WINNER'S table. (We had 2 tables, the winner table and the loser table. After every round the 2 losers from the winner table would move down to the loser table and the 2 winners from the loser table moved up to the winners table.)
This is the LOSERS table! Notice which table I am at! I did make it to the winner's table a couple of times!
Grandma enjoyed sitting in her lazy boy watching everyone at the party. She finally got to hold Oakland (this doesn't happen very often seeing as he is very colicy and she can't hold him very well when he is screaming and fidgeting.)
I am so glad that everyone could come over for Thanksgiving. I like nothing better than a big get together. Thanks for the great party!

4 comments:

Kris said...

Looks like a lot of fun.

Amber said...

I'm so glad you were able to capture so many pictures! :) Makes me feel like I am almost there!! Just photoshop my face on the winning dominoes table and we're set! I'm sad I missed out! But I'll be home for christmas and Hopefully see ya'll then!!!

Chrystal said...

Looks like fun!

Kar said...

That makes me laugh, about the Halloween decorations still being up. That is so me! Luckily, I only have one Thanksgiving decoration, and only one Halloween decoration, so I managed to switch them out, like, one week before Thanksgiving. Because I'm a winner! You guys are the party animals. Always partying at the Giffords.