Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mt. Timpanogos

I have not been to Timpanogos Cave in years, either had Dave. So, we decided to take a day trip down there. We dropped Oakland and Ivy off at Aunt Nicki's (no way were we going to carry them up! Ivy can't even walk around the block without crying!) and picked up Grandma and Grandpa Gifford.

Every time we stopped to rest Erin would tell people, "This is the first time we have stopped!" Ha. Yeah, the first time since the last time we stopped :) So here we are resting for the first time.
Erin and Austin thought it was pretty neat that flowers, weeds, and trees could grow out of solid rock!
Here we are, resting for the first time :) Austin was holding the rock up for us!
Grandma and Grandpa....
And I wonder where Austin gets it :)
After a long hike.... and only stopping once remember :) We made it to the cave entrance. The kids were pretty sure we were never going to make it and were quite happy when we did.
The cave was more amazing than I had remembered! BEAUTIFUL! The tour guide kept reminding everyone to duck their heads (more referring to the taller adults) But Erin took him very serious. This is how she spent the majority of the tour :)
Dave likes to live on the edge.
What a view. It was amazing how high we hiked and this wasn't even the top!
Can you believe that this was the first time that we stopped?
Grandpa was telling Erin secrets and she thought it was pretty funny. She is not very good at keeping secrets and would instantly run and tell Grandma the secret.
We loved our little day trip. I am hoping to visit again soon :) However Grandma and Grandpa told us they would only go on a trip with us again if it was on flatter ground :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun...next time plan it when I can go with you. Mom and I had fun watching Tristan and Wesson play werewolves...thanks to Eclipse. JK

Kar said...

I love how Erin told everyone, "This is the first time we've stopped!" And I love the pic of Austin holding up the rock. Adorable. You were smart to keep the two youngest at home.

Tammy said...

What a fun day trip. I have never been. After looking at this post and you only having to stop one time,(she is so funny) we may need to go! CJ would have a blast!

PS on the white boards...when ever you want to get them is fine, I could come and get them. AS far as how many, what ever you can do. Just let me know! Thanks!