Today is Dr. Seuss' Birthday! To celebrate Bates Elementary had Dr. Seuss Day. The kids were able to bring their favorite Dr. Seuss books for their read-a-thon. They could also dress up as their favorite character from one of his books.
Being a working mother I never find out about anything until it is almost too late......! So it was 7:00 Sunday night when I was going through the MESS in Austin's backpack and I found the note about Dr. Seuss day. I mentioned this to the kids and of course they wanted to dress up. I said what are you planning on going as? They both looked at me and said what can you make? So with Billie's help (to make a pair of size 14 pants fit a size 10 little boy) we came up with Thing 1 and Thing 2!
Of course I got the pictures backward again so we will start with them coming home from school.... Thing 1 and Thing 2 with the make shift Cat in the Hat!
6 comments:
I love it. My kids were supposed to be Thing 1 & 2 also. So we got everything all ready and Mon. AM came and Carlie frieked because it was WEIRD!!! Stinker! So Bailey pinned the Thing 2 sign on her back and was both!!! he-he dual personalities I guess!!
Wow! I wish my last minute efforts turned out that well. You are a great mom, with cute kids. I don't think our school did anything.
They looked awesome! Great last minute costumes. I love them.
Ditto to what Emily said! Those rock... last minute or not! I love the blue hair! What a fun day!
Dang, you are a good mom. :)
How cute! It makes me kind of sad we didn't have school, then I remember how nice it was to have the day off and I don't feel so sad anymore!
Post a Comment