Dave's family tries to have a weekly cook-out in the mountains. This week Dave's parents were in Idaho so we made the trip without them. We went with Dave's sister and her family.
We took them to a place in North Fork that Dave and I used to hike when we were in high school and college. It was chilly but really fun. We let the kids play in the stream, then we roasted hot dogs.
After dinner we left Uncle Brian and my mom by the campfire and went on the "waterfall hike". It is only 0.8 miles round trip, but WOW I forgot how steep it was! It was a pretty grueling hike for a big fat pregnant woman and two 2-year olds in flip-flops! There were times we were pulling on tree roots just to make it to the top of the hill. Ivy and Kristian did not like the hike very well. Erin wasn't quite sure about it either, but did fairly well. Austin loved it more than I would have liked, I could not keep him off of the steep rock cliffs! It was beautiful up there and worth every drop of sweat.
The picture above was at the Falls (of course where my battery died so I couldn't take any more pictures of the waterfall.) I was amazed that this late in the summer there was that much water still coming down. Usually this time of year it is almost dry.
I put the rest of the pictures into the below slideshow.
 |
|
|
2 comments:
looks like you had a lot of fun!
Those pictures are all so cute and funny! You are sooo brave to do that hike and pregnant!! (Not only brave, but very energetic! You couldn't have paid me to do that when I was pregnant!!)
Post a Comment