Tuesday, February 17, 2009

How many men.....?

So the question is.... How many men does it take to get a Honda Accord unstuck? I guess the answer is 5!!! (And probably that many wives watching from the windows! Ha)

We got AT LEAST 2 feet of snow today. Because of the snow, I made Dave come and pick me up from work. It was slow and go driving home, but we made it...... or almost did. The plow had not cleared our cul-de-sac, so when Dave tried to plow through to our driveway, we got stuck AND high centered on the heavy, slushy snow. Thank goodness for wonderful neighbors. They saw we were stuck and came to the rescue. It took Dave, 4 neighbors, 2 shovels, and Steve's truck to get the car out!

These pictures are in backward order: Steve tried hooking his truck up to Dave's back bumper and pull him in reverse. When that didn't work he drove up our driveway and pulled him forward. (Notice: mine is the only husband wearing shorts!)


I just took this shot to show you how much snow we got. These are my front steps.... do you see any steps? Me neither! The snow was so heavy it tipped my little evergreen over! I hope I don't lose it, I love my trees! I know we need the moisture, but I tell ya..... I am TIRED of the snow!!!!
THANKS TO ALL MY WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL NEIGHBORS FOR THEIR HELP!



7 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad you got your car out. You got to love the snow. If it is going to be cold, at least it makes it worth it. What my kids wouldn't give for a couple days of that weather. But me, I'm ok, here in the 60's and 70's!

slap said...

Good Times....Good times!!!! and yes...I did watch from my window until Steve put his truck in FRONT of your car...then "just walk away"

Kar said...

Oh, your cul de sac and the roads leading up to it are so bad in the winter! It's really pretty, though. And Dave is nuts - shorts???

Chrystal said...

this is where I thank my lucky stars I am in Texas. :)

Anonymous said...

Snow glorious snow, it was a fun day wasn't it. We went to pick the kids up in Syracuse and they had zilch. It would be better in the Terrace if our city actually cleaned the streets.

Tammy said...

I am glad to see that the car made it out safe and sound. We were in Salt Lake this weekend and they have grass! I am not sure we will see that for months! I am with you on the need mositure but I am so ready for spring and all that comes with it!

Cyd said...

I loved hearing this story, it made our 18 inches seem practically like summer! Great pics.