Happy Halloween to everyone! We had a great holiday (mainly because I am on maternity leave and did not have to deal with Halloween at school which is pretty SCARY itself!)
We started the holiday with some traditional pumpkin carving and then Dave took the older three out trick or treating with his sister Nicki, while Grandma, Oakland, and I stayed behind to pass out candy. Oakland was kind of fussy so I was holding him quite a bit and answering the door at the same time, I can't believe how many kids asked me if he was a real baby or just part of my costume! Even worse, I can't believe how many kids believed me when I told them he was just part of the costume! Ha!
Later that evening Tami and Angie's families came by to show off their cute costumes and stuck around long enough for Hunter to get his eye gouged! That was my big scare for Halloween, Hunter coming upstairs with his whole eye covered in blood! Luckily it looked worse than it really was.
So I am retarded and I am having a horrible time today moving my pictures around?!? So they are not in order! Oakland was a bumble bee. He still is not impressed with this outside world... Every picture I take he looks so bored!

Erin wanted to be a cheerleader this year after her week at cheer camp! Why she wanted pink hair... who knows...it's Halloween so anything goes!

Austin was a skeleton. Obviously!

Ivy was a carebear. She too is looking very bored with it all, but in the end when Erin and Austin were both tired of walking up and down our big hill, it was Ivy that wanted to keep trick or treating! She was a hoot... She would go to the door and ask the people "one or two?" meaning could she take two candies. We told her this was impolite and to only take one, but she didn't care!

Here are the pictures of the pumpkin carving (I told you they were out of order). Here is Ivy with her finished project. (She had some help from Dave)

Here they are scooping the guts out. Ivy did not like that at all. She was not about to stick her hand in there... Do you really blame her?

Erin did not mind the goop (she has never been too concerned with being neat!)

Here is the whole crew. Austin just got out of the shower, so he is looking a little slicked in the hair!
What a great Halloween! I hope all of you had a great Halloween also!
11 comments:
great pics. Yea I had a little fun scaring those girls. Luv the bumble bee!!!
Those costumes are so cute. We sure miss you at school. I was good to see you for a bit the other day.
Looks like you had a great Halloween. I love the picture of Ivy scared of the pumpkin guts. I have a video of Hayley, at that age, reacting in exactly the same way.
I'm scared of the goop in pumpkins as well.
Hey Mindi, how do you get your list of blogs along the side to show you when people have updated?
Fun picures. My favorite has to be the bee though! He is so tiny! It looks like everyone had a a good time! Pumpkins look grat too.
Looks like a lot of fun!! I too love the little bumble bee. :)
Hey- I left before Hunter got his eye gouged so no blaming me.JK He gets the coolest owies. I am glad you took pictures since by the time we got there you were ready for bed. JK
Isn't Halloween fun? Look at you keep up your blog. . .I should get lessons from you. We are almost 7 months old and still trying to juggle the time. Congrats on your new little one!
I love your pictures!! What cute trick or treaters you have! I love the look on Ivy's face....Seth still has that look on his face when it comes to pumpkin guts and he is 10!
So how long is maternity leave? I forget. And I'm glad for you that you didn't have to cope with school kids on Halloween. I always hated Halloween. They were so hopped up on sugar and soo hyper. I love that picture of Ivy crying about the disgusting innards of a pumpkin. Classic!! Sometimes Blogger is a brat and won't let me move pictures around, either. I hate that.
Post a Comment