Sunday, November 9, 2008

Cake Dilemma!

As many of you know, when my kids have birthday's, I make them any cake they want. Well Ivy turned 3 on Nov. 7th.... all week long I would ask her what kind of cake she wanted. Every time I asked she would respond, "I want a toe cake". A TOE CAKE? Where in the world would she get that idea (David!). So all week long I tried to talk her out of a toe cake. I would ask her if she would like an Elmo, Boots, Dora, Care Bear, Polly Pocket cake... anything but a toe cake. Her reply was always the same... No I want a toe cake. She would tell me, "A toe cake is funny.... Elmo is not so funny!" Finally on Thurs. I relented and told her I would make her a toe cake. I have never seen a child so happy!

Now my next dilemma was convincing her we needed a whole foot with FIVE toes and not just one toe like she wanted. It took some bribing but she finally relented and said I could make a whole foot cake if she got to eat the toes. Now.... what kind of party theme goes with toes? Off we went to Zurchers. Luckily they have all sorts of party ideas and Ivy and I settled on having a luau party with flip-flops, toe rings, and grass skirts! The party ended up to be a blast.... the cake however... not one of my best (I am embarrassed to say!)

Here is the final outcome flip-flop and toe ring included... Yes the purple toe nails were her idea.

Ivy blowing out her candles. When we were having cake and ice cream she wanted to make sure that Grandpa Gifford got a "Toe" because he doesn't have any. (They were cut off by a lawn mower) Ivy.... ever so thoughtful!
Opening presents. She was very spoiled and got LOTS of presents.... twin baby dolls, clothes, puzzles, polly pockets, mermaid barbies.... every thing a 3 year old needs! Wow what a party.... Good thing I have till January to plan my next party!




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now did you mention that your cake was really rice krispies. It was the best cake ever. I didn't get a toe, but I did get a piece of the foot. I am going to have you make my kids cakes from now on. It isn't fair mom gave you all the creative genes.

Kris said...

That is a neat cake. That is cool that you do that.

Shelley said...

That is one massive toe cake girl! I love it! You are so creative with cakes! Next time I need ideas I'll consult with you first! I love that Ivy was so very considerate of Grandpa :)

Tammy said...

i love it. I think you sis a great job. I love that she gave Grandpa a toe!

Harding Family said...

A TOE CAKE!!!! You are pretty incredible! (and nice!) What a great idea and it looks amazing!

Cyd said...

Wow! You always amaze me with your cakes. So cute! Tell Ivy happy birthday. By the way, the chicken pot pie was a huge hit at the party. Thanks!

Chrystal said...

That is hilarious! You are a very cool mom.

Amber said...

If that was "not one of your bests" and still looked like that--you seriously have great talent!! That Is probably the most creative cake I've ever seen! (It's right up there with the armadillo cake on the Movie Steel Magnolis made with red cake and grey frosting ;)

Kar said...

How in the crap did you do all that, with a NEWBORN?? You are amazing! I love the "toe cake" thing. That is so hilarious. And that she wanted Grandpa Gifford to have a toe, since his got cut off by a lawnmower. I giggled and giggled and giggled with this post. Your kids are the best.