Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fish, Fish, and more Fish!

Last week for Mother's Day, the kids gave me a fish tank w/ accessories. With my mother being in the hospital we didn't get a chance to get it set up until Friday night. On Saturday I took the kids to PETCO and let them all choose some fish. Austin chose two orange ones (Stripes and Tiger), Erin chose two white ones (Strawberry Shortcake and Blueberry Muffin), and Ivy chose two black ones (Dora and Boots). I know in the picture below it looks like we only have one but, we really had six darling little fish.
Well, come Sunday morning, Austin comes running into my bedroom (he being an early riser and me... not so much) yelling "Mom, Mom come look at the fish." I thought for sure they had all died! I was WAY off.....Ivy's fish (we assume Dora) had babies over night! We went from 6 fish to 9! In the pictures below you can see the little black specks by the plants, that would be the babies. I told the kids not to get too excited because the bigger fish will probably eat them, but here we are 10 hours later, and we still have 9 fish!

2 comments:

Kar said...

How fun!! That would be a lot of fun, to have an aquarium that big. How is your mom doing?

Shelley said...

What a fun gift! So is it really for mom? I love the names the kids picked for their fish. Really shows their personalities. Now the babies need names!