So..... I have a HUGE observation at school tomorrow from the Principal's Academy. I am extremely stressed over it. I have been pouring over my lesson plans. I have been making charts and objectives, etc. I am at a stand still and I am tired of working on it, so what better way to release some frustration..... BLOG!
Monday was a holiday so we took the opportunity to go out as a family. Dave's parents serve a mission down at the Church history museum, so we decided to take the kids down to see them and make a day of it. It has been a long time since I have toured all the wonderful buildings down there. The kids LOVED it.
We started at the museum. It is so kid oriented. They have this great interactive area where the kids get to do so many hands on activities! The picture below is a replica of the beds that they had on ships that some of the pioneers traveled on. You think "Those beds don't look so bad." However, each of those beds is not for one..... each bed is for an entire family! Imagine a family of 6 trying to fit! Wow!

From the museums top floor, I took this picture of the temple. I think the
SLC temple is one of the most beautiful temples! (I love them all, but I do have my favorites!) And, yes Letha, for a small fee of $600 you can hang this picture in your living room :) Ha Ha

After we left the museum, we walked around the temple grounds and toured some of the buildings there. I was getting ready to take a picture of Dave and the kids with the temple in the background when a nice young couple offered to take it for us. It is not very often that I get a picture with my whole family in it! Notice who is in the stroller (It is not Oakland!) Sometimes kids can be so difficult, but "her legs were SO sleepy!"

We then went into the visitors center. I had been telling Austin and Erin about the beautiful statue of Jesus that we were going to see (The
Christus) and I thought for sure that Ivy had been listening. But, as we were walking up the ramp to the statue, I said to Ivy are you excited to see Jesus? And her face lights up like only a 3 year
olds can and she says "Jesus is upstairs?" I said, "honey, it's a statue of Jesus." "Oh" she said near tears," I thought I was finally going to meet Jesus!" It broke my heart how disappointed she was.

We then went to the Conference Hall and went on a tour there. That building is AMAZING! It is stunning! Austin was quite disappointed that we did not get to go outside on the roof due to the snow (we only got to observe from the roofs windows). I guess we will have to go back this summer when their roof gardens are in full bloom.
By then, Oakland had had it! I stayed at the Conference Hall and fed Oakland and let him play on the floor, while Dave and Grandpa took the kids to the Beehive house. According to them, I missed the best part of the day. I have been there before, but it has been years. The kids thought Brigham's house was pretty awesome.
On the way home, the kids voted for Chuck-E-Cheese's. They have HORRIBLE food, but the kids LOVE it! They have all sorts of rides and games that they can win tickets at. Below, Austin is bowling.

I am pretty sure that Oakland got the best end of the deal.... He got to sleep the whole time (I was pretty envious of the long nap.)

Before we left we got the kids ice cream bars. Ivy was asleep before hers was even half way gone! Erin was pretending to be asleep :)

I got a lot of fun pictures on our trip, but I think my favorite of the day is this one of Dave and Oakland. If only it had audio, Oakland was giggling so hard! Cute, Cute, Cute!

Well, back to planning :( I have an observation to prepare for!
7 comments:
good luck with the observation!
Ew, I hate observations. Blah. You'll do really well, I'm sure. What a fun trip to Salt Lake! I didn't know that the church museum was so kid-friendly. I'll have to go there sometime; I've never been, and I love museums!!
So much fun! I know you did an awesome job today, I want to be a teacher like you when I grow up!
Great pictures of the fam. I can't believe mom could hold Oakland. I am glad your observation went so well. If you want the top people to stop watching you, then you have to stop being such a darn good teacher.
I would love that picture hanging in my front room....I don't remember talking to you about that!! he-he It is a great shot. It too is my favorite temple. That's very sweet about Ivy and Jesus.....I had a tear over that one!! great post, fun day
oH YEA, silly me. I forget so soon. That means it's time to go to lunch again!!!! :)
Happy Birthday, Austin!
Post a Comment